Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and if you’re a single you may not be that excited.
When I look back on my decade-full of singleness, it’s no wonder I hated Valentine’s Day.
Besides what girl doesn’t want flowers or chocolate or both?
So if you’re feeling alone this holiday—I don’t blame you.
This is only my third Valentine’s Day with my husband (two married and one dating). I have to say that I no longer hate the day. Even though my husband Marc doesn’t share the same level of excitement as I do–I know how much he cares about me. He’s told me numerous times that he doesn’t need a day to express how much he loves me.
As Christians, we shouldn’t let the calendars dictate who should and shouldn’t receive love on a particular day. God calls us to love Him and our neighbor each and every day.
Hallmark and Hersheys might overlook what the Bible says in favor for bigger profit margins.
Hey, as long as they’re making money–right?
Whether you receive a rose (hello, Bachelor fans) or not–I want you to know Jesus loves you and so do I.
I started a holiday tradition (see: Top Ten Worst Holiday Sayings For Singles), and I’m super excited to bring you another top ten list.
Here is Top Ten Pickup Lines for Christian Singles on Valentine’s Day:
Enjoy and don’t laugh too hard!
Also, if you have one that I forgot or didn’t have room to share–please comment below.
- I put the “stud” in Bible study.
- It’s obvious you sprouted from the good kind of soil.
- “Hi there, my name is Will…God’s will for your life.”
- So I was reading the book of Numbers…and I don’t have yours.
- Let’s be like Noah and do this as a pair!!
- I heard you’ve read “I Kissed Dating Goodbye.” How about you and me say hello to courtship instead?
- You float my ark.
- I may not have a job right now, and I may live in my parent’s basement, but I swear to you I’m storing up treasure in heaven, and my mansion is gonna rock.
- I would leave 99 sheep to come and find you–and then I would carry you home joyfully on my shoulder.
- Hey girl–I’d like to show you 50 shades of grace.